SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - REACT NATIVE
Are you a helper and partner? Are you driven by the needs of others and seek to solve complex problems? Do you prioritize your customers’ experiences? Do you lead with strategic thinking and not just technical skills? Do you have a passion for connecting your faith deeply with your work? If this describes you and you are looking for a company that is truly making an impact, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal Sr. Software Engineer - React Native is:
- Organized - You have excelled at keeping things organized. Your life, car, office, and home are in order! You don’t have a junk drawer in your kitchen, because everything has a place.
- People Developer - You are driven by developing people and projects for the better. You lead people to find their unique skill sets and develop their own personal talents. You see opportunities for improvement and have the foresight to identify the roadmaps to development.
- Solution Oriented - You have an innate ability to solve complex and unique problems with timely, creative and wise solutions.
- Exceptional Communicator - You have the ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages.
The job responsibilities of our Sr. Software Engineer - React Native include (but are not limited to):
- Operate as a technical leader contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Ability to design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the technology stack.
- Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Work independently or as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Servant’s clients.
- Build and maintain excellent software applications with clean code.
- Coordinate with development teams and designers to develop web applications that run on numerous platforms.
- Troubleshoot issues and improve front-end performance.
- Understand clients’ needs to build apps in stipulated time/budget.
- Plan the data and presentation layer of the applications’ front-end.
- Implement excellent UIs that match responsive design parameters.
- Integrate third-party APIs.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Work as part of a small team, which may include other React Native developers, a project manager, QA engineer, and a designer.
- Participate in sprint ceremonies and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Interface with clients via Slack, Zoom, and email.
- Work with modern communication tools including Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Coach, mentor, and develop junior team members.
- 7+ years of professional software development work experience
- 2+ years of development with React Native and expert-level knowledge is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical skills with a solution-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Understanding of and experience developing Android/iOS applications
- Familiar with formal code and design review processes and techniques
- Experience with formal unit testing strategies to insure appropriate software test coverage
- Experience building product in full SDL
- Experience working in at least one major cloud environment (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience working with Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, and/or Java a plus, but not required
- Strong experience working on cross/multi-platform applications
- Consulting experience in digital transformation and change management
- Experience working in Agile is a plus
- Experience with Slack is a plus
THE COMPANY - SERVANT
Faith communities must adapt to ever changing digital realities in order to continue to reach people for Christ effectively. Servant was established to serve kingdom-focused leaders and organizations. As leaders in this space, Servant exists to empower mission. From strategy and design to architecture and development, we serve the vision of purpose-driven people and organizations.
Servant is a completely virtual company. That means we can do meetings anywhere! We love solving cool, meaningful, complex problems for our clients.
The Core Values we live by are:
- Ownership - Servant Ownership means that we’ll own our role, but not our work. It’s for everyone. Our purpose is greater than praise, position or pay, but in our contribution to something greater than ourselves, we’re simply faithful stewards of our duty. We give back to the teams, leaders, and communities we serve to keep ourselves aligned with God’s priorities.
- Sacrifice - We create Kingdom impact with profitability that glorifies God and blesses all involved. We view our hard work as worship. We diligently treat each opportunity faithfully but hold it loosely with an open hand because we know it’s beyond our strength to bring to pass. God is faithful to what he promises.
- Deep Care - We are life-givers. We care deeply about our impact and wish to strengthen the ecosystem. We don’t believe it’s a zero-sum game and aren’t here to monopolize anything. We are motivated by purpose and potential. We are committed to helping each person become all God created them to be.